Can you help your customers self-diagnose whether they have a problem or which type of problem they are having?
Both of the following examples are healthcare-related, but an online self-diagnostic tool could be used for almost anything.
- Diagnose a customer’s ability to protect against natural disasters, hackers, viruses, and other security threats.
- Test a company’s compliance with the latest laws or best practices in your industry.
- Determine whether a company is using the right tools to manage their specific supply chain needs.
- Investigate if a company has fully optimized or maximized its efforts in marketing, email, SEM, or whatever your specialty.
- Test a customer’s knowledge and toolkit for a particular project, system, or process.
Virtuwell Online Medical Exam
Starkey Online Hearing Test
Build trust, generate more leads with a self-diagnostic tool
Consider building an online self-diagnostic tool that will help educate your customers, instill trust, and showcase your expertise. If you can and it’s appropriate to do so, go a step further and show customers how their results compare to others in their location, industry, or other relevant demographic.
Instead of publishing a whitepaper that just lists symptoms and possible solutions, create an interactive tool that yields personalized results.
Done well, I think this type of user experience could help a lot of companies stand apart. What awesome examples of online self-diagnostic tools have you seen — especially in B2B applications? Tweet your finds to me at @kristineremer.